February 25, 2009

Winslow Homer























I'm not an artist. However I can humbly claim myself to be a connoisseur of paintings. While searching for a painting, I discovered Winslow Homer's paintings who is best known for his marine subjects. However I found his four creations to be soothing and attractive to the senses. That is why I want to share the following paintings with you all.

Homer is considered one of the foremost painters in 19th century America and a pre-eminent figure in American art. Largely self-taught, Homer began his career working as a commercial illustrator. He subsequently took up oil painting and produced major studio works characterized by the weight and density he exploited from the medium. He also worked extensively in watercolour, creating a fluid and prolific oeuvre, primarily chronicling his working vacations.

 













 

The Pioneer


















Sunlight and Shadow

















 

Guide hiding his canoe

















Adirondack lake

No comments:

Post a Comment